Thursday, February 12, 2015

Mishpatim


Shabbat Shalom and Happy Valentine's Day! I am currently in sunny Atlanta, Georgia for NFTY Convention 2015! It's going to be a weekend filled with amazing speakers, new friends and exploring Atlanta :)

This week's portion is about laws. I'm no Jewish law expert and I'm also not home so here is a video from Godcast explaining everything. My favorite part is the description of God's sapphire pedestal, I had no idea that was a thing! I also find it interesting that Moses wrote down the laws that God gave him on a scroll, as if he was writing a big post-it note so he wouldn't forget! I need post-its for just about everything so thinking of God's laws as one big, holy post-it is pretty cool. Holy post-it note, Batman! Over this long weekend, write yourself a note reminding yourself of something important and put it where you can see it every day. That's one small thing you can do to make your life a little brighter until Spring.





No comments:

Post a Comment